Henderson County Campus Open Lab
On-site technical support available 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday
The Lab is staffed with student monitors familiar with the Distance Learning online format who are available to assist you with:
Instructors, please contact Ali Norvell (x1636) or Leah Knowles (x1646) before bringing an entire class to the lab.
Open Lab Rules
- The computers in the Lab do not have speakers. If you need to access audio media, please bring your own headsets/earphones/earbuds. The Lab will not supply those.
- The Lab monitors cannot help you with course content assignments, tests, etc.
- Loud talking, laughing or other disruptions will not be permitted.
- No food in the Lab. Only screw-top bottled drinks allowed.
- If you need to save work you are doing in the Lab, please bring your own flash drive.
- If you need to access files from a course CD, please ask the Lab monitor for assistance.
- Online games which affect the college's bandwidth are not permitted.
- Do not change settings, turn off, or attempt to "fix" or move any computer.
- File sharing copyrighted materials such as MP3 files is not permitted.
- Cell phones are to be placed on vibrate and all calls taken outside the Lab.
- Lab phone is not for student use.
- The BRCC Visitors policy will apply in that children should not be unsupervised in the lab or using the campus network. The BRCC Visitors policy is available in the Student Handbook.
- The BRCC Academic Honesty policy will apply. It is the student's responsibility to know and understand this policy. The BRCC Academic Honesty policy is available in the Student Handbook.
For more details about computer usage,
please see the Student Conduct section of the current college catalog.
Electronic Resources Librarian