Licensures & Certifications
BRCC offers the following continuing education classes to obtain or renew licenses and certification
Notary Public Education
The State of North Carolina requires those who want to be commissioned by the Secretary of State as a Notary Public to complete a course of instruction at a community college. Students must be 18 years or older; live or work in NC; have a high school diploma or an equivalent ( High School Equivalency Diploma); and speak, read, and write English. Students receive instruction on the application process as part of the course. Students will be required to provide a government issued picture ID such as driver's license. (0.6 CEU)
See current Continuing Education Course Schedule for dates and location of upcoming classes.
Real Estate Pre-Licensing & Post-Licensing Courses
Blue Ridge Community College offers courses designed to assist the provisional broker to meet the 90-hour post-licensing educational requirements set forth by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
Register soon. Class size is limited. If you wait, your class may be full or may be canceled because of low number of registrations.
Notice from the NC Real Estate Commission July 2014: All new provisional brokers must satisfy the postlicensing education requirement of 90 classroom hours of postlicensing education within three (3) years of the date of initial licensure. Postlicensing education should not be confused with continuing education. Postlicensing education is a one-time requirement that must be completed within the prescribed period of time after initial licensure.
Standard Code Inspection
Currently, no code classes are scheduled.
Contact us for information on our next scheduled classes, or to suggest a class that would meet your needs.
- Code Enforcement: Law Administration
- Building Inspection Level I
- Building Inspection Level II
- Building Inspection Level III
- Electrical Inspection Level I
- Electrical Inspection Level II
- Electrical Inspection Level III
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level I
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level II
- Fire Prev. Inspection Level III
- Mechanical Inspection Level I
- Mechanical Inspection Level II
- Mechanical Inspection Level III
- Plumbing Inspection Level I
- Plumbing Inspection Level II
- Plumbing Inspection Level III
Continuing Education Program Specialist