Adult High School Diploma

Would you like to earn your high school diploma instead of your high school equivalency?  Blue Ridge Community College is partnering with Henderson County Public Schools and Transylvania Public Schools to make it possible for you to complete your high school credits through our Adult High School (AHS) program.

The AHS program offers all of the coursework required for you to obtain a 22 credit adult high school diploma. The program is open to anyone who determines this pathway is the best for them regardless of age, location, or the number of high school credits completed.

Courses are offered through our computer-based program. Students can choose to work from the convenience of their home any time of day or night or to work with instructors face to face at our Henderson or Transylvania campuses during scheduled class times.

Frequently Asked Questions about the AHS Program

What is the AHS Program?

The AHS program is a partnership between Blue Ridge Community College, Henderson County Public Schools and Transylvania Public Schools. The program allows you to complete your high school coursework through our Adult Education department and obtain an Adult High School Diploma through the North Carolina Community College System.


How much do the classes cost?

The classes are free.


When are the classes offered?

Face to face classes are offered mornings, afternoons and evenings Monday through Thursday. There is an option for you to work from home at your own pace and on the days and times you choose.


Where are the classes offered?

Henderson County Campus: Continuing Education Building, Room 201
Transylvania County Campus: Strauss 136


How long do the classes run?

Classes run continuously throughout the year. The length of time it will take you to complete all depends on you! Students who are able to commit to the program and who consistently attend are able to complete the program faster.


What are the requirements for entering the program?

You must obtain a copy of your high school transcript. If you are under the age of 18, you must have a signed affidavit. Once you have these documents, you must sign up for orientation.


What do I need to bring to orientation?

If you are under the age of 18, you will need to bring your signed affidavit and the copy of your high school transcript. Also, you will need to know your social security number.


How do I get verification I am attending class?

You may request a verification letter after attending a minimum of 20 hours of class time and after completing a post test.  Please allow seven to ten business days from the date of your request.


Who do I contact about classes?

Contact the Adult Education & Literacy office to ask questions or to sign up for orientation.

Henderson County: (828) 694-1745

Transylvania County: (828) 694-1907

back to top ▲


Affidavit for Minors

Adult High School Affidavit, Henderson County Public Schools Referrals Only


Contact or Visit Us 

Henderson County Campus
Sink 224, 130 Eagles Reach Drive, Flat Rock 

Belinda Frantz
(828) 694-1745


Transylvania County Campus
Straus Building Library

Straus 125, 45 Oak Park Drive, Brevard
Shawn McMurray

(828) 694-1731 or (828) 883-2520